Service Center Technician Job Description:
For almost a century, KLA’s mission is to create value by delivering world-class communications solutions.
The Service Center Technician helps users achieve optimum use of their computer, phone and other networks by performing needs analysis, procurement support, installation, training and problem resolution for the local and wide area networks. Responsible for design, customer interface, reporting, implementation and project/program management of network projects.
A Glimpse of What You’ll Do
- Responsible for onboarding new users and staging client devices, printers, computer workstations, etc.
- Fix network faults and offer technical support for network users
- Use the ticketing system to track customer issues and escalating issues as necessary to senior technicians and engineers
- Answer phone calls related to technical inquiries for all technical departments within KLA as well as general inquiries
- Assist technical leads and engineers in installing cabling, applying configurations, and installing new hardware such as servers and network equipment
- Trains clients, internal or external, as end users of software and systems
- Monitoring dashboards related to network, server, workstation, DAS, and related systems for new and existing clients
- Triage customer issues with their support and service vendors like internet service providers, software, or hardware vendors
- Keep current on new developments and techniques in information technology
- Perform password resets, updates, and regular maintenance for customers
- Help maintain software and hardware inventories in storage facilities as well as inventory softwares
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
What You Bring
- Problem Solving Aptitude
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
- Proficiency in Windows-based environments, operating systems, software, and services
- Windows desktop operating systems required
- Microsoft 365 experience preferred
- Time Management, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Full-time, typical schedule is Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Regularly requires long hours and weekend work
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
- A minimum of 25% travel is expected
- Passport is required
- Frequently required to lift or move up to 50 pounds
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.