Reports to: Director of Engineered Solutions
The RF Engineer supports the business development and project management activities to analyze, develop, design, and maintain scalable and distributed wireless and location platforms for our customers and clients, working with our multi-disciplinary engineering teams to develop and implement solutions.
- Provides and oversees the architectural design, planning and support for customer project delivery goals
- Provides customer consultation on Wi-Fi solutions, including survey, design, maintenance and implementation of wireless hardware, controllers and software
- Provides both high level and low level designs
- Participates in various client projects intended to continually improve/upgrade wireless infrastructures
- Maintains knowledge and skills to design and implement solutions required to support Wi-Fi networks (routers, switches, access points, wireless LAN controllers, etc.)
- Supports deployment teams performing wireless surveys and documents findings
- Delivers professional proposals, including design documentation, understanding and articulating project wireless requirements
- Locates and reads blueprints/auto-cad floor plans of client sites for network planning
- Determines location of AP’s utilizing survey tools (iBwave, Ekahau, AirMagnet, etc.)
- Create project estimates and BOM’s for overall coverage and project requirements
- Reviews site surveys and works with teams to provide required Wi-Fi coverage
- Offers post implementation support and troubleshooting for clients
- Configures and monitors network systems and assists in performing corrective actions
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
1. Strong understanding of RF and IP network principles
2. Leadership with strong collaboration and communication skills
3. Customer/Client Focus
4. Teamwork Orientation
This job performs duties in a professional working environment. The employee may be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at various job sites (Manufacturing plants or construction sites as examples). The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Work may also be performed in outside environments with some work being in inclement weather.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must be able to lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Frequent evening and weekend work may be required as job requirements demand.
Travel is required, primarily during the business day, with some out-of-area and overnight travel. Travel for some projects could be 50%. Passport is required.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelors’ Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred. Minimum five years’ experience in IT professional services with an emphasis on RF and Wi-Fi along with CISCO and/or Aruba routing, switching and LAN. CCNA, CCNA Wireless, CWNA, or CWNP strongly preferred.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.