Position: RF Engineer
Reports to: Director of DAS Solutions
Location: Denver, Colorado
The RF Engineer will support product development, design, commissioning, and data collecting of public safety, LTE cellular and 5G DAS and Small Cell solutions. The RF Engineer will also be responsible for the evaluation of client needs and collaborating on proposals based on provided scope of work requested.
- Works alongside Project Management for client meetings to determine scope of work
- Able to perform project management for local projects, including managing client/partner relationships, progress meetings, installation oversight, estimating and ensuring project timelines.
- Reviews client RFP’s, plans, controls, specifications, and other applicable documentation to determine requirements for projects
- Works with the Project Manager and Project Engineer to define problem areas and implement product improvements for clients
- Participates in the engineering and general design review of new and current projects
- Prepares iBwave designs, component selection and evaluation, detailed schematic design, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting RF and communication systems
- Performs preconstruction/post construction surveys utilizing PCTel scanner, Anritzu and Rhode & Schwartz test equipment, post process data and reports to customer
- Interacts with clients on RF engineering designs and other questions or problems that might arise during project completion
- On-site troubleshooting and detailed resolution reports with the client
- Lead project status meetings with clients and/or contractors
- Adheres to contract and design specifications
- Attends various training courses to maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities in industry
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Tier 1 and tier 2 support with clients
- Work closely with DAS OEM’s on new products and up to date design techniques
- Responsible for cost effective approaches in designs
- Understanding of DAS OEM platforms
- Knowledge of carrier design requirements
- Collaboration Skills
- Communication Proficiency
- Time Management
This job operates in a professional office environment and in the field, with potential exposure to inclement weather and industrial environments. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., with flexibility for earlier or later hours based on needs of business. This position may require long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-town and overnight travel may be expected. A minimum of 25% travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred, with three or more years’ professional experience in RF Engineering in the telecommunications or electrical industry, or equivalent experience. RF engineering and iBwave experience required.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities, and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.