Reports to: Director of Operations
The Operations Manager is responsible for the coordination, quality, safety and workflow of the Company’s projects and services performed by union staff. This position provides guidance to project managers and leadership to warehouse and union staff. The position develops and maintains quality standards for PM’s and Foremen to provide consistent top-quality deliverables to the customer. The Operations Manager develops and maintains safety programs, ensuring compliance with Federal and State safety regulations while promoting a safe, accident free and healthy work environment.
- Coordinates the workflow & scheduling of union staff, collaborating with the KLA West branch office as needed for union staffing needs
- Facilitates deliveries of equipment and supplies as they are needed
- Facilitates ongoing communication with appropriate parties throughout the cycle of projects to ensure job sites maintain efficiencies and have the required number of trained personnel, equipment and supplies as project needs fluctuate
- Communicates with Human Resources regarding labor issues including the need to increase or reduce staffing, employee relations issues, training, grievances, etc.
- Divides time as needed between the office and job sites
- Evaluates, develops and recognizes staff, providing stability and accountability amongst the team
- Develops procedures for PM’s and installation staff to establish ‘KLA Quality Standards’ and implements strategies for continuous improvement
- Participates in pre-construction/kick-off meetings with PM and foreman
- Evaluates and identifies opportunities for training with PM’s and develops direct reports for advancement within the Company
- Assists foremen as needed with on the job training for techs, installers, & apprentices.
- Ensures standards for product quality, equipment, and operator performance are maintained and that cost-effective technology is used.
- Maintains manufacturing warranties & certifications on supplies and equipment.
- Ensures relevant employee training and certifications for equipment and supplies are maintained and regularly updated as required or as deemed appropriate.
- Participates in Pre-Task Planning to identify potential hazards and implement corrective measures
- Obtains and maintains OSHA certification for OSHA 10/30
- Maintain safety files, records, and written hazard communication program, including but not limited to DART, OSHA, EMR, etc.
- Performs regular safety audits to identify strengths and opportunities and implements strategies for continuous improvement
- Facilitates and leads the joint management / labor safety meetings
- Maintain records of contractor safety programs
- Order and maintain safety/maintenance records on equipment
- Promote and schedule safety training
- Work closely with HR on Workers’ Compensation and injury management
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Customer Focus
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Strategic Thinking
- Technical Capacity
This job operates in a professional office environment, warehouse, and in the field. This position can occasionally function in an outside environment and is subject to inclement weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment, field tools and equipment, warehouse equipment, and operates company motor vehicles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate effectively with others. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing distances greater than 12 feet tall. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary, with flexibility for earlier or later hours based on needs of business. This position may frequently require weekend work and remains on call.
Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. A minimum of 20% out of town travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Technology, Engineering, Science or other technically related field, or equivalent work experience. Two to five years’ experience in IT engineering, employee relations, or business management.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.