DAS Engineer - Dearborn:
Classification: Reports to: Director of Wireless Solutions
Reports to: Classification: Non-Exempt
For almost a century, KLA’s mission is to create value by delivering world-class communications solutions.
The RF Engineer I is an entry level RD Engineering position that supports product development, design and data collecting of public safety, LTE cellular and 5G DAS. The RF Engineer will also assist with the assessment of client needs and proposals.
A Glimpse of What You’ll Do
- Assist the DAS Engineer team with client meetings to determine scope of work
- Participate in engineering and general design review of new and current projects
- Develop iBwave design skills showing component selection and evaluation, schematic design, commissioning, testing, and troubleshooting RF and communication systems
- Develop skills in preconstruction/post construction surveys utilizing PCTel scanner, Anritzu or Rhode & Schwartz test equipment, post process data and reports to customer
- Job shadows Sr. RF Engineer with clients on RF engineering designs and other questions or problems that might arise during project completion
- Develop on-site troubleshooting and detailed resolution reports with the client
- Attend project status meetings with clients and/or contractors
- Develop design specifications experience with clients
- Attend various training courses to maintain knowledge, skills, and abilities in industry
- Perform other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
- Develop Tier 1 and tier 2 support with clients
- Develop understanding of DAS OEM’s, new products and up to date design techniques
- Develop cost effective approaches in designs
What you bring
- Collaboration Skills
- Basic understand of RF
- Customer/Client Focus
- Technical Capacity
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred
- Three or more years’ professional experience in RF engineering in the telecommunications or electrical industry
- Full-time position, days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Frequent evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand
- Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected
- Minimum of 25% travel is expected
- Passport is required
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.