Business Development Executive:
Reports to: Director of Business Development
Location: Detroit Metro Area
The Business Development Executive drives the growth of the Company through consultation with prospective and current customers to identify needs and develop proposed solutions. The ideal candidate is able to leverage relationships, create opportunities, facilitate sales meetings, and partner with internal stakeholders to increase revenue.
- Research organizations and individuals to identify their needs and key decision makers
- Builds and maintain relationships to create opportunities to pitch new ideas
- Assists with the identification and strategic planning related to new markets
- Participates in the development of marketing initiatives, preparation of presentations, pitch meetings, etc.
- Makes regular contact with clients to make them aware of new technologies and/or services
- Collaborates with Project Management, Principal Solutions Engineers, and Design Engineers to develop quotes and proposals
- Maintains an open dialogue with customers to see negotiations through to fruition
- Works with the team and participates in sales forecasting and planning to develop quarterly and annual goals
- Interacts regularly with executive team to ensure priorities are aligned with the strategic direction of KLA
- Works with other team members to further develop and refine skills
- Performs other incidental and related duties as required and assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Business Acumen
- Communication Proficiency
- Collaboration Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Teamwork Orientation
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment; operates company and personal motor vehicles. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may occasionally be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibrations. The employee may occasionally be exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at job sites, in an outside environment and is subject to inclement weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is rarely active and minimally requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items over 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary, with flexibility for earlier or later hours based on business needs. This position may frequently require weekend work and remains on call.
Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. A minimum of 25% out of town travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Information Technology or other business-related field, or 5 years of equivalent, relevant experience.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice