A/V Technician Job Description
The A/V Technician is an integral part of the Event Production Team. Primary responsibilities of the A/V Technician include set-up, installation, maintenance, and/or configuration of highly technical A/V solutions, creating a quality outcome and positive customer experience.
- Exhibits a professional demeanor always and makes quality decisions in high stake situations, ensuring customer confidence.
- Installs, tests, troubleshoots, operates and removes AV systems
- Responsible for fabricating interconnecting racks and components both in house and on job sites
- Setup temporary event-based AV systems efficiently in a timely manner
- Service and/or repair existing AV systems
- Ensures client confidence in equipment placement and mounting accuracy
- Installs systems cabling in accordance with diagrams
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Power Point, Excel, and Outlook
- Reads schematic diagrams and building drawings
- Develops project plans and executes within time goals and quality standards
- Documents project changes and communicates to team and Manager as needed
- Troubleshoots all A/V systems to satisfy client needs
- Oversee projects to ensure timeliness and meets budget needs
- Maintains professionalism and quality decision making in high stress situations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analytical Skills
- Technical Capacity
- Decision Making
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
This position operates 75% of the job functions in the field and at various customer sites. This role routinely uses technical equipment in inclement weather. This position will often use physical ability to perform duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling and climbing distance to a minimum of 40 feet. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary, with flexibility for earlier or later hours based on needs of business. This position may frequently require weekend work.
Travel is primarily local, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected. At least 75% travel is expected.
Required Education and Experience
Associates degree in technical field and/or technical certifications with equivalent technical knowledge. Three to five years’ experience in Audio/Visual Technical Solutions; must have knowledge of the design, installation and troubleshooting of audiovisual systems.
Please note this job description, is meant to be a representation of the physical demands, work environment, and day-to-day activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of an employee for this job; it is not meant to be all-inclusive or limited to the above outline. To remain an industry leader, duties, responsibilities and activities of any KLA Laboratories employee may change, at any time, to meet the needs of the Company or the Customer, with or without notice.